Ingredients for the bread:
- 100 grams milk powder
- 350 grams flour
- 50 ml water
- 150 grams butter (at room temperature)
- 3 eggs
- 4 grams salt
- 75 grams sugar
- 30 grams fresh yeast
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Ingredients for the egg wash:
- 20 ml water
- 1 egg yolk
- 30 grams milk powder
- Weigh all ingredients.
- Put all the ingredients except the butter and the cocoa powder in a mixing bowl.
- Knead this for at least 10 minutes so that it becomes a flexible dough.
- Leave the dough in the mixing bowl and cover the bowl with a clean tea towel or cling film. Put it in a warm spot for about two hours.
- Cut the butter into small cubes and add to the dough. Knead until the butter is completely incorporated in the dough.
- Divide the batter in half; add the cocoa powder to one half and knead until the dough has an even brown colour.
- Heat the oven (hot air) to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Make nice shapes using the two colours of dough. Keep in mind that the bread will grow in the oven.
- Mix the ingredients for the egg wash in a bowl and gently brush on the bread shapes.
- Bake the bread for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Before you start making the shapes, put the dough in the fridge to firm it up a bit.